- 4 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard (more To Taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Adobo Sauce From Canned Chipotles (more To Taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 ounces, weight Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 8 ounces, weight Smoked Gouda, Monterey Jack Or Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- 4 ounces, weight Sliced Pimentos, Drained
- 2 teaspoons Chopped Fresh Dill
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon, adobo, and black pepper in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix it until totally combined (if you have a few lumps from the cream cheese, no problem; you won't see them later!)
- Add the cheddar and smoked gouda and mix gently until combined. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the bowl and make sure all the ingredients are mixed together. Stir in the pimentos and dill. Taste and mix in more of whatever you think it needs. Add more cheese if you like the pimento cheese to be less creamy; add less if you like it to be more creamy.
- Refrigerate pimento cheese for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with crackers, small hollowed-out peppers, carrot and celery sticks, and olives. Make small sandwiches or even a grilled cheese with it! (Or top a grass-finished burger with it!)
- ***Note: For best results, make sure the cheddar and gouda cheeses are nice and cold when you mix them in.
Recipe from Pioneer Woman