- (4 to 8) Ham Hocks - Sliced (Meaty Marrow Bones)
- 2 onions, diced
- 6 - 9 garlic cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp. juniper berries
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup bone broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 F.
- Season each pork hock to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread the onion and garlic all over the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Place the pork hocks on top of the onion-garlic mixture, drizzle some olive oil over them, and pour on the bone broth.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 25 - 30 minutes, or until skin is a bit crispy.
- Remove from oven and lower heat to 350 F.
- Season with all the remaining ingredients, and cover.
- Place back in the oven, and roast for 1.5 to 3 hours, or until meat is easily removed from the bone. (Uncover for last portion of cooking time to brown further, if desired.)
Recipe adapted from Paleo Leap