- (4-5 pounds) Pork Shoulder or Boston Butt Roast
- (10) Garlic Cloves, smashed and chopped
- (4 teaspoons) Chopped Rosemary
- (4 teaspoons) Chopped Thyme
- (4 teaspoons) Whole Grain Mustard
- (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons) Olive Oil
In a bowl combine garlic, rosemary, thyme, mustard and olive oil. Coat the roast with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Put roast into an oven-proof skillet or roasting pan and bring to room temperature. Cook roast covered until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers 175 degrees for medium. Check after 2 hours and then every 25 minutes.
Transfer to baking sheet. Turn oven up to 400 degrees. Bake an additional 13 to 17 minutes uncovered.